Thursday, February 2, 2012

Another Black History Month: The Left's Favorite Time Of The Year

By Lloyd Marcus, Proud Unhyphenated American

Alas, another Black History Month, or as the left likes to view it, their annual “Opportunity To Exploit Race Month”. It is the month in which liberals attempt to convince us that race relations in America have progressed very little since the days of police unleashing dogs on civil rights activists.

Rather than presenting a balanced honest look at Black History, leftist school teachers and the media say America is still racist and whites should feel eternally guilty. Also included in the left's message is that blacks must continue to vote monolithic for Democrats in order to keep rich white Republican racists at bay. Yes, for the most part, Black History Month is a propaganda tool of the Democratic party.

Black history is woven with remarkable blacks who strove for excellence and achieved major success. Knowledge of such black pioneers would inspire black youths and help them realize how blessed they are to be born in America; the greatest land of opportunity on the planet.

America is unique in that you can grow beyond your family history and humble beginnings. Most folks around the world are destine to walk in their parents foot steps. If your dad was a peasant worker, you will be a peasant worker.

In American, countless hugely successful blacks came from humble beginnings. This is why it so offends me to hear black politicians and the media constantly telling blacks that they are not functioning in an equal playing field. Such rhetoric inspires resentment, hopelessness and a “why should I try” attitude in black youths. Consequently, 70% of black youths drop out of high school and many enter a life of crime. These self serving black politicians are selling their lie to black America solely for political reasons; to keep blacks voting for their supposed saviors and avengers, the democrats.

Allow me to address this “equal playing field” trap. Folks, “nothing” in life is equal or totally fair. I am sorry, but some folks are born thin and beautiful. In some cases, they may have an advantage. But in regards to minorities not having opportunity, there is not enough racism in America today to stop anyone from achieving anything. To blacks who “want” to believe America is systematically keeping them down, I say stop whining, making excuses, get up off of your butt and go for your dreams.

It drives me crazy hearing black and white liberal intellectuals discussing the problems in the black community without any references to blacks taking personal responsibility for their behavior/choices. Every solution offered by the left to deal with urban black issues revolve around more taxpayer spending and more failed government programs. And no discussion of problems in the black community would be complete without including the classic excuse “it's the white man's fault”, thrown in for good measure.

Now, I know some blacks reading this article will respond like a black radio show host did while interviewing me, “Sounds like you don't like your own people”. Wrong! I say these things because as a Christian, I love, not just blacks, but all people. And I want what is best for them.

While some blacks may find comfort and think it racially loyal to keep blaming “whitey” for everything, black youths are going to h--- in a hand basket. Blacks have epidemic school dropouts, 70 percent out-of-wed births and half of black babies are aborted via an organization founded on racism, Planned Parenthood. Blacks are actively involved in a self induced genocide.

This is why I do not give a hoot about what black racists and self-serving poverty-pimp politicians think of me for suggesting my fellow blacks assume responsibility for their own lives. Lives are at stake.

Ironically, liberals claim to want black empowerment. News flash, personal responsibility IS black empowerment!

Here's a little of my personal black history. Back in the 70s when I was in my mid twenties, I repented from my life of drugs, sex and rock and roll to become a born-again Christian. My desire to share the “good news” of my new relationship with Christ lead me to prisons to minister to inmates. I was struck by the high number of gifted and talented blacks who were incarcerated solely because of their negative attitudes. Thank you Democratic Party.

Black History Month should not just feature “how America done us wrong”. It should also celebrate the greatness of our extraordinary nation and how both blacks and whites sacrificed blood, sweat and tears to make things right. Rather than Black History Month being exploited as a divisive tool for extortion, allow the truth of our history to bring people together.

==============
Chairman of The Campaign to Defeat Barack Obama.
Lloyd is singer/songwriter of the American Tea Party Anthem and author of Confessions of a Black Conservative, foreword by Michele Malkin.
Spokesperson for Tea Party Express
Please help me spread my message by joining my Liberty Network.
==============

No comments:

Post a Comment